FlashDevelop is a Free Open Source Code Editor and offers advanced ActionScript coding support (AS2, AS3, MXML and HaXe). I use FlashDevelop with Adobe’s Flex SDK to create my SWF files.
Steps to download Flash Develop:
1. link: http://www.flashdevelop.org
2. Click on “FlashDevelop 3.x.x RTM release“ link
3. Then scroll down and click on the Download link.
The “download” link is just below the “Donate” link.
4. Run the Executable to install FlashDevelop.
Once the installation is complete, you should see the following.
5. Configure FlashDevelop to use the Adobe Flex SDK
5a. Launch FlashDevelop
5b. Navigate to Tools, Program Settings (or press F10).
5c. Click on ”AS3 Context” and input the path to the Adobe FlexSDK compiler.
note – click image to see larger view.
5d. Click the “Close” button to save the path location
That completes the Steps to configure FlashDevelop.
See previous (or Future posts) for details on the other components
- Adobe FlexSDK
- MicroSoft .Net FrameWork 2.0
- Java (latest Version)
- Adobe Flash Player (latest version)